On March 23, Oregon Governor Kate Brown issued an executive order calling for Oregonians to stay home, closing specific retail businesses, and requiring social distancing in most cases, immediately and until further notice. Social gatherings with people from outside of your household are not allowed until further notice.
Saturday, October 26, 2019
Ford Alumni Center, Suite 119
1720 East 13th Eugene, OR
The SAA's Food Drive to support the Student Food Pantry is an effort to raise awareness of the issue of hunger in our university community. We are encouraging Ducks to help other Ducks in need by donating to the Student Food Pantry during Homecoming week!
Drop off locations will be available in Suite 119 of the Ford Alumni Center, the 13th Avenue Duck Store and the EMU Duck Store.
More than half of college students suffer from food insecurity. The Student Food Pantry supports local students and their families. As we approach the holiday season, it can be challenging for members of our campus community to have enough food to stay healthy.
By giving back to fellow Ducks in need, the UO Student Food Pantry is able to serve about 110 students per week, distributing 32,000 lbs of food throughout the year.
The Student Food Pantry is open to anyone with a valid Student ID from UO, LCC, or NCU. For more information on their hours or how to volunteer, visit their website.
Most Wanted Foods:
• Canned vegetables, except green beans (we've got TONS of green beans)
• Low-sugar fruit, dried fruit, jams and jellies, unsweetened apple sauce
• Canned and dried beans (garbanzo beans and black beans are among the favorites)
• Canned stew, chili, hearty soups, and broth
• Boxed macaroni and cheese
• Pasta, rice (brown rice is most popular), cereal, corn meal
• Cooking oil and olive oil
• Canned tomato products
• Peanut Butter