My Account>View My Activity. UO Career Center Contact Please contact me if you have any questions about this opportunity. Tina Haynes, On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator UO Career Center - On-Campus Recruiting 541-346-6006"/> My Account>View My Activity. UO Career Center Contact Please contact me if you have any questions about this opportunity. Tina Haynes, On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator UO Career Center - On-Campus Recruiting 541-346-6006">Skip to main content
Friday, February 17, 2017 at 8:30am to 5:00pm
Erb Memorial Union (EMU), Ballroom
1395 University Street, Eugene, OR 97403
Positions: 2017 Summer Intern (Merchandising/Buyer)
Deadline to Submit Resume for Interview Consideration: 2/8/2017
Interview Date: 2/17/17
Interview Location: EMU Ballroom
Connect with Kroger/Fred Meyer hiring managers at our Internship, Summer Job & Volunteer Fair February 16 from 12:00PM-4:00PM in the EMU Ballroom.
This 10-week summer program provides students a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience during the summer at Kroger’s General Merchandise Office. Selected students will work with a team to gain an understanding of the corporate merchandising function, while working under the supervision of a buyer or a planner. Students will work on real business projects, attend leadership classes, meet with and gain exposure to upper management in a variety of ways and present their projects to the entire General Merchandising Team at the end of the experience.
After successful completion of the Kroger General Merchandising Program, students will have the option for interviewing for full time employment in the General Merchandising Training program following graduation.
Essential Job Functions:
• Train in a merchandising department
• Participate in meetings
• Complete specific internship assignments
• Complete cumulative project (summary of internship accomplishments) and present to leadership team
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Sophomore standing or higher at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Good verbal and written communication skills; proficient in creative writing and grammar
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Responds to change as a positive challenge
• Significant level of multi-tasking required
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Commitment to providing customer service
• Good organizational skills.
To Apply: (you must have a resume and cover letter uploaded to Duck Connect before you can apply for on-campus interviews)
1. Sign in to Duck Connect using your DuckID and select: "On-Campus Interviews" then "APPLY for On-Campus Interviews I Qualify For."
2. Search for the position and organization you're applying to and review position description, qualifications and important deadlines.
3. Click "Request Interview" button to submit your resume/cover letter.
4. Confirm your interview requests and interview confirmations in Duck Connect>My Account>View My Activity.
UO Career Center Contact
Please contact me if you have any questions about this opportunity.
Tina Haynes, On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator
UO Career Center - On-Campus Recruiting