Lead For Change Winter Cohort Application Deadline
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Are you a University of Oregon student interested in developing your leadership capacity through community action? Lead for Change is a leadership development opportunity hosted through the Holden Center for Leadership and Community Engagement. As a cohort, students will strengthen their group facilitation skills by leading community action projects during the Days of Service and/or Duck Corps; develop their knowledge about socially responsible leadership through regular cohort learning activities; and build meaningful relationships with the campus and Eugene-Springfield communities. The Lead For Change Winter cohort will meet four times during weeks 2, 4, 6, and 8.
By serving as a member of lead for change, students will be able to:
- Identify, articulate, and examine personal strengths; and learn how to apply those strengths to specific problems and situations
- Strengthen skills in community outreach, communication (verbal, nonverbal, and written) with diverse constituents, group management and facilitation, and more.
- Gain knowledge and build relationships with the broader UO community and the Eugene-Springfield communities
- Work with the Community Engagement team to lead and facilitate groups of volunteers during days of service
- Serve as a liaison between the Holden Center and community-based organizations at days of service events
- Promote days of service and other community engagement opportunities on campus
- Actively engage in monthly learning cohort activities
- Demonstrated interest in community service, social justice, and/or leadership for change
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as a member of a team
- Available to serve as a project leader for the following Days of Service:
- MLK Day of Service; 01/20/20
- Available to participate in monthly cohort leadership development sessions
- Weeks 2,4,6, and 8, specific dates will be determined week 10 of fall term once students know their schedules.
- Applications due December 14 by 11:59 p.m. Applications can be found here: https://orgsync.com/142449/forms/372830