Earth Day of Service
Saturday, April 22 at 9:00am
Erb Memorial Union (EMU), Crater Lake Room
1395 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403
Join us for the annual Earth Day of Service! With multiple projects to choose from around Eugene- Springfield, you will be able to see our collective empowerment in action. Spend the morning with us as we engage together in direct service and expore how we can have a lasting postive impact on our communities.
Registration is required! Transportation will be provided for those projects traveling outside of walking distance.
We will be working on the following projects:
- Friends of Buford Park- Restoring native habitat in this garden sanctuary.
- Friends of Trees- Planting trees in the West and South University Neighborhoods.
- Grassroots Garden (FOOD for Lane County)- Planting, harvesting, weeding, adding soil amendments to soil and preparing growing beds.
- Hendricks Park- Working to resurfacing the Wildflower Trail with mulch.
- Lane County Historical Society- Light weeding and replanting flowers.
- Mill Race Clean-up- Cleaning up the Mill Race.
- Youth Farm (FOOD for Lane County)- Planting, harvesting, weeding, adding soil amendments to soil and preparing growing beds.
- Walama Restoration- Preparing the meadow for flowering season (removing tarp, mulching, and invasive species removal).
- West University Neighborhood Litter Pick-up- Removing trash around the neighborhood.
- West University Roundabout Clean-up- Cleaning up, assisting with the maintenance of the roundabouts.