Ducks Disrupt Health Care Entrepreneurial Boot Camp
Saturday, October 12 at 6:30pm
More dates through December 14, 2019
Sunday, October 13 at 9:00am
Saturday, December 14 at 8:00am
109 NW Naito
109 NW Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97209
The Oregon Executive MBA in Portland will host graduate-level students from different disciplines to learn, build teams, solve problems, and ultimately pitch their ideas to mentors and FELLOW students.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT.
The event will be guided by Gigi Wang, industry fellow and faculty member at UC Berkeley's Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and chair emeritus of the VLAB (formerly MIT/Stanford Venture Lab). Wang will cover a range of topics, including entrepreneurship and innovation, start-up venture fundamentals, go-to-market strategy, and pitching your business plan.
The event will take place on two weekends in October and December 2019. Mentors with clinical, business, engineering, and finance backgrounds will be available for support during a team problem-solving period. Prizes awarded to the winning team.
- To provide a fun, interactive, and supported space for innovation where participants can bring their own ideas or develop new ventures to support the pressing healthcare challenges in Oregon.
- To provide high-level networking opportunities to graduate students participating in the event. Participants will come from a variety of domains, including business, material engineering, graduate-level healthcare, public health, and product design.
- To enable participants to gain a holistic understanding of the entrepreneurial process and a wide network of mentors from varying backgrounds.
Student rate: $20.00 per person
The fee for participants covers the following:
- All three days of the Ducks Disrupt Health Care entrepreneurial boot camp
- Lunches on October 13 and December 14
- Networking sessions featuring heavy hors d'oeuvres and hosted beverages following the October 12 and December 14 sessions
Register now to reserve your space. Payment information will be provided at a later date.
Day One: Friday, October 12
- Assign multi-disciplinary teams.
- Team-building workshop
- Enjoy networking and hosted social at the end of day one.
Day Two: Saturday, October 13
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Entrepreneurship workshop guided by Gigi Wang.
- Gigi Wang presents a problem statement for groups to work on.
- Discuss deliverables and format for December’s presentation event.
Day Three: Saturday, December 14
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Recap of days one and two of the workshop
- Five-minute practice startup presentations, with five minutes of feedback
- Teams work on startup preentations based on feedback.
- Final startup proposals presented to judging panel.
- Closing networking event