Breaking Barriers: First-Gens in Tech
Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 6:00am
HubSpot's First-Gens in Tech event returns for its sixth edition, delivering an experience for first-generation individuals interested in learning more about what it really means to work in tech.
Topics we'll cover include but are not limited to:
- Types of opportunities in tech: technical (user experience, software engineering) and non-technical (sales, marketing, customer success)
- How fellow first-gens got started and translated their STEM and non-STEM experience into tech
- Networking and the art of coffee chats
- Job application and interview advice
- And more
Here's what you can expect from this year's virtual experience:
- Slack community: Engage with speakers and connect in breakout channels with your fellow first-gens to share your experience and start dialogues about the discussions.
- On-demand career prep library: From guides to lightning talks, dive into sessions and resources about approaching your job search as a first-gen at your own pace. All available on-demand for viewing whenever it fits your schedule.
- Live sessions: Learn about careers in tech and how fellow first-gens broke into the industry first-hand from other first-gens in tech.
RSVP in advance