2018 Outstanding Achievement Awards
Thursday, May 24 at 5:00pm
Global Scholars Hall
1710 E. 15th Avenue Eugene, OR
Celebrate the recipients in a three-part awards ceremony honoring UO faculty excellence in teaching, mentorship, and research. The ceremony is co-hosted by the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs, the Graduate School, and the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation. It includes the Distinguished Teaching Awards, the Williams Fellows, the Exceptional Mentorship Awards, and the Research Excellence Awards. Beer, wine, and hors d'oeuvres will be served. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Outstanding Career Award: Judith Eisen, Professor, Department of Biology; Mark Johnson, Professor, Department of Philosophy.
- Early Career Award: Lucas Silva, Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Studies; Kelly Sutherland, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, Robert D. Clark Honors College.
- Outstanding Accomplishment by a Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Researcher Award: K. Brigid Flannery, Associate Professor, Educational and Community Supports, College of Education.
- Outstanding Accomplishment Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Research Support Award: Allison Caruthers, Senior Research Associate I and Project Director, Prevention Science Institute.
- Innovation and Impact Award: Julie Sykes, Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics.
- Excellence Award for Directors of Graduate Studies: Aaron Gullickson, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology.
- Excellence Award for Outstanding Faculty Mentorship in Graduate Studies: Elliot Berkman, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology.
- A.J. Ersted Faculty Achievement Award for Distinguished Teaching: Melissa Baese-Berk, Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics.
- Thomas F. Herman Award for Specialized Pedagogy: Mark Carrier, Senior Instructor I, Department of Biology; Hanan Elsherif, Senior Instructor I of Arabic Language, Department of Religious Studies.
- Thomas F. Herman Faculty Achievement Award for Distinguished Teaching: Anita Chari, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science.
- A.J. Ersted Award for Specialized Pedagogy: Melissa Graboyes, Assistant Professor of History, Robert D. Clark Honors College.
- Thomas F. Herman Award for Outstanding Online Education: Philip Matern, Instructor, Department of Human Physiology.
- Williams Fellows: Anita Chari, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science; Claudia Holguín, Assistant Professor of Spanish, Department of Romance Languages; Michelle McKinley, Bernard B. Kliks Professor of Law, School of Law.